Rejection

I heard you say once that a lie is sweet in the beginning but bitter in the end.
And that truth is bitter in the beginning and sweet in the end...

How difficult is to hear "do better?" or even worse "you're not good enough". I'll admit I'm not a fan of rejection, no matter how small. What if that is your best? What if you are getting rejected for just the way you are?

I guess I am no expert on the subject since I built up many walls against rejection. Often I either don't engage in something I care about or if I do and do not get the result I initially wanted I may stifle my emotions. Healthy? Probably not. 

But when that feeling of pain after rejection comes up we can let it wash over us. No victim mentality. They probably weren't trying to attack us anyways. Feeling the anger is fine too. Naturally it shouldn't feel good to get a negative comment. But no they aren't mean for expressing their opinion. Just let it be. Don't react in anger. Same goes for sadness. Don't beat your self up, you did your best. You are how you are. If you can do better, try again.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Metamorphosis

Hope

Levels