Thursday, January 20, 2011

Guilt vs Happiness

This thought has been in my mind recently since I've just now realized how much guilt I've lived with. I'm sure I am not alone because I can see it now in my family and others those I am close to as well. Guilt surrounds us and keeps us from truly living. We never feel that we truly deserve the happiness that comes our way. We then push it away causing more guilt and unhappiness. What a vicious cycle. But the first step is awareness so it is important to think about and understand the guilt we feel and then after that, just let it go. Here is something that we should all try the next time we feel ourselves sabotaging our happiness by feeling guilty, we should remind ourselves that it’s okay to feel happy even if we don't believe we deserve it.

Good luck and til next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

One Year Later

 Its almost one year since I've written. I feel that I have now made peace or perhaps subsided with how things are. I've realized th...