Friday, March 30, 2018

Perfectly Broken

The Japanese have a method of repair which is termed kintsugi or wabi sabi.  The metaphor of this philosophy is quite beautiful. When an object is broken, say a plate or bowl, it is subsequently fixed with gold. The original object is made stronger. The imperfections are not hidden, they are highlighted and they are what make that object unique.

Such is resilience and such is life. Lately, I've been a bit harsh on myself with comparing to how things were or how I wish they could be. However, resilience means not giving up and pushing on despite setbacks and so-called imperfections. I am made more valuable by being broken, over and over again.


No comments:

Post a Comment

One Year Later

 Its almost one year since I've written. I feel that I have now made peace or perhaps subsided with how things are. I've realized th...