Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Day Four



















A picture of my night! A huge thank you to my dad for sending me this book, it truly is a must read. A favorite passage that I thought I would share goes:

He who binds to himself a Joy,
Does the winged life destroy;
He who kisses the Joy as it flies,
Lives in Eternity's sunrise.

Also sort of in conjunction with the book tonight was my weekly chan meeting. Gilbert, our Dharma teacher, wasn't there today so we did extra meditation and talked as a group about the benefits of meditating. My response was that meditation has helped me calm my monkey mind and has helped to let go. Meditation is a great way to clear up your mind when it becomes muddied up with thoughts. This quote I found in a book a few weeks back helps explain what I mean.





















Here's to learning to quiet our monkey minds in the hopes of us being able to benefit others better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

One Year Later

 Its almost one year since I've written. I feel that I have now made peace or perhaps subsided with how things are. I've realized th...