Saturday, December 18, 2010

On Dreams

I got an A in ochem! Hoorah! Hard work does pay off and Im one step closer to my ultimate goal! I know I had an easy semester but its been nice since last winter's hardships to relearn how to go to school at a slower pace. Its nice to see how much smoother the semester feels when I'm focused and aren't dealing with minuscule problems that I'd generally create for myself. UCI is right around the corner after spring and then two years there doing pre-med before MCATs! Yikes! Those two years will probably fly by too and as long as things are constantly kept in perspective pre-med should be nothing more than a fun challenge. I feel like I was set out to do this, really and truly. The combination of the puzzle that the human body is, the biology/chemistry/physics behind it all, and the motivation to help others and make a difference fits like second skin. My only real concern can be described in a quote from the movie Coach Carter-

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.
Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us.
We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented and fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God.
Your playing small doesn't serve the world.
We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us.
It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone.
And as we let our own light shine,
we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.
As we are liberated from our own fear,
our presence automatically liberates others."


Hope this gives you all some inspiration to embrace your dreams and believe in them whatever they may be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

One Year Later

 Its almost one year since I've written. I feel that I have now made peace or perhaps subsided with how things are. I've realized th...